Sunday, February 28, 2010

Flickr

I have had a flickr account for several years. Besides my Facebook page, it's my preferred method to share images with others.

Why do I prefer flickr? Here is just a small list of reasons.

1. Most of the people that I know are already on Flickr and my accounts are linked to them. When you have been using a service like this for several years with lots of content, it makes it difficult to move to another resource.

2. Uploading images is streamlined and easy. I can highlight several images on my computer at one time and have Flickr upload them with one click. I don't have to select the images individually.

3. I am allowed to type the labels and descriptions of the images from a bulk upload all at one time. I can give them all the same labels with one click.

4. Flickr has a search feature that allows you to look for Creative Commons content.

Flickr is popular for a reason, it works beautifully and is very intuitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment