Sunday, April 4, 2010

Objectives Gap

This week, we were asked to revisit our initial objectives for this course, rework them if necessary and provide a gap analysis on these modified objectives. You can see that information on my website.

I realize now that my initial objectives were too specific aimed at my need for tools at that moment. I rewrote my objectives and how well our class has addressed them to this point.

It's important to note that we are studying a moving target. As soon as we learn a tool, another tool that does more things is being introduced. It can become frustrating if we focus too much on a specific tool. Instead, we need to have a broad understanding of these new tools and how to evaluate them. There are MANY tools out there that will never stand the test of time or traffic. As professionals, we need a way to evaluate the validity, purpose and abilities of future tools.

Evaluation abilities come from dialog. Having a variety of people look at the same tools and provide analysis. We have achieved that in this course thanks to the blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment