Sunday, May 2, 2010

Individual Project

For my final individual project in this class, I created a SoftChalk lesson for my COM 110 students (Introduction to Communication) about Technology and Communication. One of my goals in this project was to find a way to demonstrate to my students how the recent shift in technology using Web 2.0 tools, mobile tools, etc has changed the way we communicate. Many of my students do not remember an Internet where you could not contribute to it.

Here is a link to my presentation.

I created the graphic - not a graphic artist so bear with me. The wordle addition was fun.

3 comments:

  1. Your individual project is not only effective but demonstrates some of the points brought out in this class about showing how web 2.0 tools can be integrated into the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shelly, plus teaching communications seems like it should naturally have a dedicated section which looks at the impact of technology.

    Did you get to use woices.com in this or would you consider it in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love woices! How would suggest that I incorporate woices in a lesson like this?

    ReplyDelete